- Review: The Coming Economic Armageddon
- Review: The Centurion’s Wife (Acts of Faith, Book 1)
- Review: Pompeii: City on Fire: A Novel (Paperback)
- Review: “The Final Summit”
- Book Review: His Steadfast Love
- Review: Invasion (A C.H.A.O.S. Novel)
- Movie Review: Soul Surfer
- Movie Review: What If…
- Movie Review: Joyful Noise
- Movie Review: The Iron Lady
- Movie Review: Red Tails, the story of the Tuskegee Airmen
- Courageous: movie review
- ABC’s #GCB Should be Called ‘The 7 Deadly Sins’
- Movie Review: Jerusalem Countdown: Action-packed drama
- Heaven is for Real – Book Review
- Book Review: Implosion by Joel C. Rosenberg
- Review: God’s Not Dead
Faith, Courage and Overcoming Obstacles
Soul Surfer is the true story starring AnnaSofia Robb as Bethany Hamilton a teen surfing star in Hawaii who looses her left arm to a shark attack. In the hospital, she asks her dad, played by Dennis Quaid, if she’ll ever surf again. His, answer, “You can do all things through Him who strengthens you,” quoting Philippians 4:13.
The outstanding supporting casts includes big names like Helen Hunt as her mom; Kevin Sorbo, as her best friend’s father who is with her when she gets attacked and his quick thinking is what saved her life; Carrie Underwood, as her youth pastor; and Craig T. Nelson as her doctor.
Bethany Hamilton shows incredible faith and courage as she overcomes one of the worst things that could happen to a person to draw out the passion within her and succeed at the sport she loves the most. Her story is an inspiration for many.
It’s showing on Starz right now – you’ve got to see it. In fact, every church with a youth group should show this movie. The review on TV was only 3 stars, but I give it 5!
This movie is a great gift for a teen also. It’s in stock on Amazon and they’ll gift wrap in time for Christmas.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Award-Winning Christian Author
Check out Giselle’s award-winning Christian novel: Deo Volente! (God Willing): Love in the First Century a historical novel about the early church check it out! $1 from the sale of each book – no matter what format, benefits StreetLight Phoenix to help eradicate child sex slavery. www.giselleaguiar.com/novel1
Friend Giselle on Facebook
Follow Giselle on Twitter