I’ve written a lot about these signs and he puts them in a simple list then elaborates on each. The book is worth reading just for that. There are 20 signs in Bible Prophecy that tell us what we’ll see in the last days.
- Wars and rumors of wars
- Uprisings and revolutions and kingdoms being shaken
- Pestilences and plagues
- Terrors and growing fears
- Great signs in the heavens and blood-red moons
- The roaring of the sea and waves
- Persecution of the church
- Apostasy of the church
- False prophets and false teachers (I’m seeing more and more metaphysical folks gaining popularity – that is not “the way”)
- False messiahs
- Increase in knowledge and travel
- The State of Israel being reborn and increasingly becoming the epicenter of international attention
- The gospel being preached to every nation
- A spiritual awakening in Israel and among the Jewish people
- A spiritual awakening in Iran
- An increase in mockery of Bible prophecy
These are just the beginning.
Jesus said, “All these are the beginning of birth pains.” (Matthew 24)
“In other words, the Bible teaches that while all of these signs will be visible in the last days as we approach the Day of the Lord and the Second Coming, these and other events will radically accelerate and intensify as the time of Christ’s return draws near.” (Page 76-77)
Since this book was written last year, we’ve had Benghazi, Egypt, Syria, bombing in Israel, Christians persecution in the U.S., Middle East and Africa, Superstorm Sandy, the shootings in CT, NY and other places, false prophets saying that the world would end on Dec. 21, 2012.
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Are you ready? Click here if want to be.