- How to be more Christ-like
- Can we really do this? Live like Christ?
- Walk in the light – follow Jesus
- Don’t just pretend to love others
- Holy and Godly Lives
- Starting A-Fresh
- Behave like a Christian
- Christ in you, the hope of glory
- Do we have to be reminded to pray?
- How to pray
- How to Read the Bible
- Love Your Neighbor
- Are you righteous enough?
- You become like who you hang out with
- The ‘what if’ syndrome
- To be like Christ
- The Butterfly Effect
- Even Christians get Lost Sometimes
- 10 Ways to Pray for People in Authority
- Extra Grace Required
- 3 Parts of Being a Disciple of Christ
- Conduct Unbecoming a Christian
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.~ Romans 12:9
Yesterday I wrote a message to the Christians in Neo-Nazi group that as true Christians, we are called by Jesus to love one another. That God created all people equally. There’s only one race, the Human Race and we all are a part of it.
But the other group involved in the protest and rioting was wrong in what they did. The Neo-Nazi group – however wrong their beliefs, had a right to peacefully protest and march to the courthouse. The protesters – and there were Jews and Christians, among others, were also wrong. They instigated the fight and hated just as much as the Neo-Nazi group.
What they should have done is not try to stop them, but stand on the sidewalks with their signs and maybe hand them water.
Jesus told us to love our enemies. (Matthew 5:43-44, Luke 6:35-36)
Paul wrote:“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21
Overcome evil with good. So simple. Why is it so hard to obey? Kill ‘em with kindness, people.