- What would Jesus do?
- In His Steps – the book that started it all
- It’s about reactions
- WWJD Unselfish Idea #1 – use those reward points for good
- Hate vs Love in Downtown Phoenix
- Calling in sick when you’re not is cheating
- A Real-life WWJD Example: stepping out of your comfort zone
- About my Father’s Business
- Rely on God not on ourselves
- Our world today – the seven deadly sins
- Led by the Spirit
- The rot in values that is causing America’s decline
- Walking the walk
- Where’s your passion?
- The devil made me do it
- Keep the peace within you
- Adapting to change – a lesson from the Native Americans
- Be nice to people out there
- How Satan Speaks
- NO ONE is Immune to Temptation
- To Obey is Better than Sacrifice
- Meekness: Strength Under Control
- Resisting Temptation
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
Peace. It’s something that’s hard to find in our lives these days. You turn on the TV or the radio and all you hear is bad news. From the Dow falling again to trouble in the Middle East to the murder across town.
I was watching Joyce Meyer and she said something that made a lot of sense (she does that often): if what your watching or listening to starts robbing you of your peace – SHUT IT OFF!
Simple, huh? It’s not that easy. We are glued to the drama of whatever is happening. Be it the news, a TV show or a movie.
Since I became a committed Christian 5 years ago, I started to realize that a lot of the stuff I watched on TV I found offensive. I watched “Sex and the City” episodes, sometimes 2 or 3x. Now, I can’t watch it anymore. That lifestyle that I once lived was wrong and it got me nowhere.
Now, I check the rating on movies. If it rated “R” I check to see why it got that rating. Call me a prude, but I’m following God’s will. His will for His children is to refrain from sexual immorality. And that means watching it on TV or the movies. Not just sexual content and language, but violence and foul language. (Why actors have to say the “f” word every other sentence is beyond me. It doesn’t make the movie more dramatic, just cheapens it.)
Here’s how I see this — If start watching something think: “would Jesus watch this?” If the answer is probably not.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
A peace that transcends all understanding. A peace that only a relationship with Jesus can bring.
It’s easy to get that peace. Click here to get started.