- How to be more Christ-like
- Can we really do this? Live like Christ?
- Walk in the light – follow Jesus
- Don’t just pretend to love others
- Holy and Godly Lives
- Starting A-Fresh
- Behave like a Christian
- Christ in you, the hope of glory
- Do we have to be reminded to pray?
- How to pray
- How to Read the Bible
- Love Your Neighbor
- Are you righteous enough?
- You become like who you hang out with
- The ‘what if’ syndrome
- To be like Christ
- The Butterfly Effect
- Even Christians get Lost Sometimes
- Extra Grace Required
- 3 Parts of Being a Disciple of Christ
- Conduct Unbecoming a Christian
- Are you a Cultural Christian?
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.~ Philippians 3:13-14
It’s over! Yay! 2010 was a rough year for many folks, including myself. Unemployment, foreclosure, moved twice, leaks in closets, heck, so much bad stuff happened, I already forgot most of it. I had to. If I dwelled in the past, I’d get depressed and you can’t go on a job interview if you’re depressed.
The advice in the passage from Philippians is what we all need to follow. No matter what mistakes we made last year, what things we said that we wish we could take back – it’s time to forgive and forget.
Look at 2011 with anticipation.
Dedicate this year to God –that you will put God first in every aspect of your life. Look up for strength and wisdom.
Do you have some New Year’s Resolutions? Did you keep the ones form last year? The Holy Spirit gives us patience and self-control – two of the fruits needed to keep resolutions and goals. Call on the Spirit when you are tempted. The Spirit is a gift that Jesus gave us when we accepted Him into our hearts. This is one gift you don’t want to return.