The Rapture is one of the most controversial topics among Christian scholars and preachers. I’ve heard them all, and what makes sense to me is a pre-tribulation Rapture. Let me explain.
First, here is Jesus’ promise to His Believers…
“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.“John 14:1-4 (bold emphasis mine)
Jesus is Coming Back
There are several facts that most scholars agree with…
- Jesus is coming back. When? That’s where opinions differ. However, Jesus told us something about the “when” question which I’ll get to in a bit.
- There will be a 7-year tribulation. It’s depicted in the Book of Revelation. Moreover, the best study that I’ve ever done (and I’ve done several) on Revelation is the one by Pastor Kris Langham in Through the Word. It’s going to be nasty. You definitely don’t want to be around for that!
- After the tribulation, Jesus will come back and rule and reign on the new earth for 1000 years. (Revelation 21). That’s Jesus’ 2nd and last return to earth. The first being His birth.
What is the Rapture?
The Rapture is when Jesus comes back to gather His believers. He won’t come all the way down to earth but all believers will be caught up to Him in the sky. It’s stated in 1 Thessalonians…
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (bold emphasis mine)
The word “Rapture” comes from the Greek word for “caught up”.
Jesus Himself Talks About it…
“At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.”Mark 13:26-27
In Luke, Jesus states…
“I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.”Luke 17:34-35
When will the Rapture happen?
Not even Jesus knows…
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.”Mark 13:32-33
But, it can happen any day now!
As in the Days of Noah
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.”Matthew 24:36-41
The world was messed up back in the days of Noah. Just like it is now.
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence.Genesis 6:5-8, 11
Jesus Tells us How it will Happen…
“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”Matthew 24:30-31
What would being Left Behind after the Rapture be Like?
If you think that the chaos that going on right now with all the protests, riots, Antifa, burning, looting, is bad, it will be worse after the Rapture and all the Christians are gone from the world all at once. Watch this video.
Will You be Left Behind?
If you’re a halfway Christian who has not invited Jesus into your heart and surrendered your life to Him, yes, you will. And what comes after that in the tribulation will not be pleasant.
Sure, at that point, you’ll probably say, “Wow! They were right!” the moment you realize that all the true Christian believers are gone. You can then absolutely turn to Jesus and become born-again. However, more than likely, you’ll have to go through some, if not all, of the tribulation.
That question is what prompted me to think about my salvation. For years as a Catholic, a prodigal, then a progressive, I had a false sense of salvation. Thank God, that He was persistent with me and kept prodding me to learn more and read the Bible.
Here are some recent videos from Perry Stone that explain the Rapture and Tribulation further. I highly recommend his videos.
Folks, we are here — in the Last Days. I’ve written and spoken about it several times since I started my podcast. Furthermore, looking at what’s been happening in 2020, since the coronavirus pandemic and the new great awakening, more people are turning to Jesus. The Rapture can happen any day now and believe me — you do not want to be Left Behind!
- Jesus Prophecies of the End Times: Are They Happening Now?
- Are You Ready for Armageddon and Judgement Day?
- Why the Urgency of the Good News of Jesus Christ? Why Now?
If you want the assurance of a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven — and not being Left Behind, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180 in your life and surrender your life to Him.
- Be Baptized — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the Holy Spirit in your heart.
Pray this prayer humbly and wholeheartedly…
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Please forgive me. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life to you. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior. I will follow you for the rest of my life. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Soli Deo Gloria — to God Alone be the Glory!
Next Steps in Your New Walk with Jesus…
- Start reading the Bible daily to get to know God. If you don’t have one, I recommend the YouVersion, Bible.app and Through the Word app — both are free and have a lot of great Bible studies.
- Pray every day. Talk to God. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you daily.
- Find and join a Bible-believing church — preferably a non-denominational one and be baptized!