Given all that’s going on in the world today, I’m going to delve into Bible Prophecy and the Book of Revelation. It’s the last book of the Bible and here’s a hint — Jesus wins! The whole Bible, starting with Genesis is leading us to the Book of Revelation and Jesus’ victory over Satan.
I’m personally going through a series of studies in the YouVersion Bible App from Al Ain Evangelical Congregation called, “The Prophetic Gallery — A Walk Through Revelation”. I don’t plan on getting as deep as they do in my blog or podcast or like ThroughTheWord.org, who has one of the best, and most understandable studies on the Book of Revelation. My goal is to help you understand the message that Jesus was sending to the churches of the 1st century and how it applies to us and all the churches today.
The 7 Blessings of the Book of Revelation…
- Blessed are those who read, those who hear and those who keep the words of this prophecy.
God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near. ~Revelation 1:3
- Blessed are those who die in the Lord as they face the trouble of the antichrist.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this down: Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from their hard work; for their good deeds follow them!” ~Revelation 14:13
- Blessed are those who watch and wait – keeping their garments clean from sin.
Jesus Said, “Look, I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are watching for me, who keep their clothing ready so they will not have to walk around naked and ashamed.” ~Revelation 16:15
- Blessed is everyone invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
“Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.” ~Revelation 19:9… Check out the podcast below with more details…
- Blessed and holy are the ones who take part in the first resurrection (The Rapture).
“Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.” ~Revelation 20:6
- Blessed are those who keep the words of this revelation (Rev. 22:7).
Jesus said, “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book.” ~Revelation 22:7
- Blessed are those who keep God’s commandments – they can eat from the tree of life.
Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. ~Revelation 22:14
Remember the tree of life from Genesis? That’s the tree of the forbidden fruit, that Eve and Adam ate from, that started the whole mess of sin. At the end we will be living in paradise and eat from the tree life. It will no longer be forbidden.
Here are more details on the big party — the wedding feast — as a benefit of salvation…
What does Jesus want from us?
- Belief. We must believe that He is the Son of God and that He became human so that He could sacrifice His life, taking our sins away forever.
- Repent and Obey. Stop sinning! Stay clean! That’s not easy to do. That’s why Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit? Do you have the Holy Spirit?
- Read the Bible — especially the words of prophecy. I’m taking a special college-level course on Bible Prophecy so I will be able to explain it better to you.
- Be ready for the Rapture. It can happen any minute! We are living in the last days!
- Be Baptized! Wash away your old sinful life and rise with Jesus to a new life!
One phrase you’ll read/hear a lot in the first chapters of Revelation is Jesus telling us…
“Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.”Revelation 3:22 NLT
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
Here’s the prayer from one of the first session of “The Prophetic Gallery”…
Father, You give us an understanding of what the special blessings are that come to those who listen, read and are obedient to the words found in this revelation. I want that blessing. I know it requires a lot of challenge and effort to be worthy of this blessing. I cannot do it in my own strength. There is much that is way beyond what I can handle in my own strength and wisdom. So, fill me with Your Spirit to walk in Your strength and Your wisdom. Keep me faithful right to the end. In Jesus Name, Amen.Al Ain Evangelical Congregation from “The Prophetic Gallery — A Walk Through Revelation”
If you want to reap all the benefits and blessings of salvation including the 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven then…
Pray this prayer humbly and wholeheartedly…
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Please forgive me. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and my life to you. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior. I will follow you for the rest of my life. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Next Steps in Your New Walk with Jesus…
- Start reading the Bible daily. If you don’t have one, I recommend the YouVersion, Bible.app and Through the Word app — both are free and have a lot of great daily devotionals and Bible studies.
- Pray every day. Talk to God. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you daily.
- Find and join a Bible-believing church — preferably a non-denominational one.
Remember the 5 Solas…
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“Faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“Grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Savior, Redeemer, Lord and King
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to God alone be the Glory.”): It’s all about God not us.
Disclaimer: Neither I, Giselle Aguiar, nor Seek the Truth, have any control over any advertising that may appear and I do not receive any payment or consideration for it. Ads and “related” links come from WordPress, not from Seek the Truth.