My goal with doing this deep dive on where the Catholic Church went wrong (and strayed from the Gospel of Jesus Christ) was not to knock Catholics, but to reveal the truth. My interest in church history began with a simple bible study in my church in Florida. I wondered how did we get from the church in the Book of Acts to where we are now? I uncovered who came up with ideas, rules, and rituals that became dogmas and doctrine to truly enslave people in a religion that tries to sell you a ticket to a place that doesn’t exist. That, my friend, is a scam.
Now, I do want to acknowledge the good works that Catholic Charities have done all over the world. I can’t deny that. However, idolatry with good works and righteous acts are like filthy rags covering up your sin. It’s like telling a judge that you’ll gladly give 10% of your take from a bank heist and donate it to charity.
5 You welcome those who gladly do good,Isaiah 64:5-7 NLT
who follow godly ways.
But you have been very angry with us,
for we are not godly.
We are constant sinners;
how can people like us be saved?
6 We are all infected and impure with sin.
When we display our righteous deeds,
they are nothing but filthy rags.
Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall,
and our sins sweep us away like the wind.
7 Yet no one calls on your name
or pleads with you for mercy.
Therefore, you have turned away from us
and turned us over to our sins.
What we’ve learned from this journey…
- Infant baptism is useless — it does not pave your way to heaven.
- Constantine adopted paganism to better unite the Christians with the Roman Empire.
- Purgatory was invented by an early pope and later another pope saw it as a way to swindle hard-working people from their money. If Purgatory exists, then Jesus suffered and sacrificed His life and died for nothing.
- Penance and confessing to a priest is also useless — it does not save you.
- Peter was NOT the first pope!
- There’s no magical Eucharist. Jesus is in heaven, not in the bread or wine.
- The 7 Sacraments are also useless.
- Indulgences were the biggest Ponzi scheme ever and they still go on! See #3.
- The pope’s presumed authority and infallibility is false.
- Replacement theology is wrong as well as antisemitism.
- Here’s the Truth about Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
- Venerating and worshiping Mary and the saints is a sin!
- The assumption of Mary is another lie.
- The church kept the Gospel Truth away from the people for centuries.
- The Reformation failed to change what was wrong within the church.
- The most horrendous sin started with denying clergy and nuns the right to marry.
Catholics are Enslaved to Religion
The Roman Catholic Church is not interested in your salvation. They want to control you. No wonder I felt like a robot when I went to church as a kid! The papacy is power and money-hungry. The pope’s goal is a one-world religion. The problem with that is Jesus said…
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”John 14:6 NLT
Upon all this research, my conclusion is that Catholics cannot & should not call themselves Christians. A true Christian would never put Mary and saints higher than Jesus. A true Christian believer follows Jesus only. Moreover, the believer knows that Jesus is the only way to heaven by the gift of grace and you can’t buy or earn grace points. That’s false teaching. False teachings go all the way back to the first century. We were warned by Jesus, Paul, Peter and others to trust the Holy Spirit for the truth — that’s discernment. (And I’m going to be focusing on that in the next bible studies.)
“Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”John 8:31-32 NLT (bold emphasis mine)
Satan is the enemy and the devil has been trying to separate Christians from Jesus and the truth with false teaching and false prophets for millennia. Jesus said…
“For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”John 8:44, 47 NLT
“Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’”Mark 12:29-30 NLT (bold emphasis mine)
It is impossible to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength if you’re also loving Mary, the pope, saints and the church. If you love Mary as the Catholic Church orders you to do, you are disobeying a direct commandment from Jesus!
Open your eyes, friend, to see that the Catholic Church is using mind control!
A fortress or stronghold is a mindset that holds you hostage. It makes you believe that you are hopelessly locked in a situation, that you are powerless to change. That’s when you hear people saying, “I can’t, I can’t, I can’t.” The only reason you say, “I can’t,” when God says, “You can,” is that Satan has made himself at home in your head.Tony Evans
Sin Separates us from God.
That’s what Satan wants. That’s his purpose for being. He succeeds when we lose sight of God — when we are distracted with rites and rituals. The Catholic Church wants you to sin! That is so crazy! They actually encourage it! Why else would they make you go to confession? They expect you to sin! They don’t teach you the truth. Jesus died taking your sins away once and for all!
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 6:23 NLT
Get that? FREE GIFT! Jesus said,
“Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light.”Luke 11:35-36 NLT
Seen on Instagram…
Salvation is THROUGH JESUS ONLY!
Jesus is coming back soon! Are you ready?
If you’re not sure if you’re saved or not, if you truly want to be born again and have the assurance of salvation, receive the Holy Spirit, and get a 1-way, non-stop ticket to Heaven after you die, or that you won’t be left behind at the Rapture, which can happen at any moment, this is what you have to do…
Believe. Repent. Be Baptized. Receive the Holy Spirit.
- Believe — have Faith — that Jesus is the Christ and He died taking your sins away forever and that He rose from the dead 3 days later.
- Repent of your sins — stop sinning! Do a complete 180 degree turn in your life and surrender your life to Him.
- Be Baptized — show the world and yourself that you have died to your old life and are born again in Christ.
- Receive the Holy Spirit in your heart.
Soli Deo Gloria! To God Alone Be the Glory!
- From Catholic to Prodigal: Surviving College
- From Prodigal to Progressive: Surviving Hurricanes
- From Progressive to Born Again Christian: Surviving Unemployment