When we left our friends, the Israelites, at the end of Genesis, the whole clan of Jacob was reunited and prospering in the fertile land of Goshen, near the Nile delta, in Egypt. There were 70 of them. We pick up the story 400 years later and their situation changed drastically.
- Exodus 1 & 2: The Israeli People in Captivity. Where was the Promise of God?
- Exodus 3 & 4: God Calls Moses to Rescue Israel through a Burning Bush
- Exodus 5 & 6: It Got Worse. Why, God, Why? Understanding God’s Plan
- Exodus 7-10: Here Come the Plagues, Why did God Harden Pharaoh’s Heart?
- Exodus 11-12: One Final Plague and the First Passover Lead to Freedom
- Exodus 13-15: The Long Way Home, the Egyptians Pursue and God Parts the Red Sea
- Exodus 15-17: The People Complain but God Provides: Miracles in the Desert
- Exodus 17 & 18: With a Little Help, Moses Wins a Battle
- Exodus 19-24: God Lays Down the Law: No Idols is the Most Important!
- Exodus 25-27: God Tells Moses How to Build the First Church (Tabernacle)
- Exodus 28-31: More Instructions to Prepare to go Before the Presence of God
- Exodus 32-34: How Angry can God get When the People Turn to Idolatry?
- Exodus Finale: Moses Guides the Building of the Tabernacle in Beautiful Detail
The more I studied the Bible, the more I realized that every single book—from Genesis to Revelation—all point to Jesus. In the Old Testament, Jesus is predicted. In the New Testament He is revealed, preached, explained and expected. You find Him everywhere because Jesus is the hero of the entire Bible.
We’re going through the Old Testament Seeking Jesus. Get to know God….